About the Role
The Housekeeping Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for maintaining a positive guest experience by preparing clean and comfortable rooms within a given timeframe and in accordance with the hotel brand’s standards. This position is critical to ensure quality service to our guests and upholding hotel standards, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining room quality as well as safety and security of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Using the hotel’s set expectations and processes, follow directions thoroughly to
monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of guest rooms and other areas.
• Ability to remove and replace dirty linens and terry, change and make beds, clean
bathroom and vanity areas, vacuum and dust.
• Smiles and greets guests, maintains positive guest relations and appropriately handles guest requests.
• Restock and transport cart with cleaning supplies, linens, terry, amenities to assigned
guest rooms and position securely.
• Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces/areas according to OSHA
• Communicate with front desk staff about room information, maintenance cards, lost and found items and any discrepancies between stayovers and checkouts.
• Inspect room fixtures and accessories for proper location, operation and function;
reporting to maintenance and front desk any concerns.
• Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
• Ability to exert physical effort in operating cleaning equipment and transporting
housekeeping carts (up to 50lbs) as well as endure various physical movements
throughout the work areas during shift.
• Comply with all OSHA standards.
• Provide special services for guests upon request.
• Set heating/cooling equipment on proper setting.
• Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room quality inspections performed by hotel management and trained team members.
• Cross train in laundry, maintenance, and/or front desk job functions, if possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years in a previous customer service preferred.
• Some administrative duties required (timekeeping system, rooms’ cleaned reports, etc.).
• Must maintain professional appearance in the provided uniform with
consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff.
• Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with