About the Role
The Maintenance Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for maintaining
the general appearance of building(s) and grounds in accordance of the hotels Maintenance manual and inspection requirements. This position is critical to ensure quality service to our guests and upholding hotel standards, while working with members of the hotel team, maintaining room quality as well as safety and security of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times and understand guests’ service needs.
• Using the hotel’s set expectations and processes, follow directions thoroughly to
monitor and maintain operation, cleanliness, sanitation, safety and organization of guest rooms and other areas.
• Maintain inn landscaping, parking lot, grounds and appearance of exterior of
building(s), keeping areas free of trash and debris.
• Completes Repair and Maintenance Program on rooms, performing routine maintenance tasks such as painting, caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, changing light bulbs, toilet seats, etc.
• Inspect property to identify current and potential needs and report findings to
• Maintain safety and security of hotel and follow key and lock procedures.
• Pick up materials needed to complete assigned work projects; keep maintenance
room/area clean, organized and safe condition.
• Clean and replace vanity/bathroom lights.
• Assist Housekeeping GSRs in maintaining guest rooms.
• Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
• Ability to exert physical effort in operating cleaning equipment and transporting
housekeeping carts (up to 50lbs) as well as endure various physical movements
throughout the work areas during shift.
• Comply with all OSHA standards.
• Provide special services for guests upon request.
• Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
• Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room quality inspections performed by inn management and trained team members.
• Cross train in laundry, housekeeping, and/or front desk job functions, if possible.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years in a previous maintenance or customer service position preferred.
• Knowledge of general hand tools/equipment, lawn mower and landscaping
tools/equipment strongly preferred.
• Must maintain professional appearance in the provided uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and staff.
• Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to another and work with
• Frequent lifting and bending required.
• May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.